Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Are you a good Tweeter?

Looking around on Twitter today, I have noticed some of the super Tweeters follow about 10 to 20 people while having 15,000 followers. Now how do you not know who is following you, and how difficult is it to hit the follow back button to follow them back? I realize that some people may not have a whole lot of information to give or has something intelligent to say, but I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and I will add anyone who follows me on Twitter. I also don’t like the “thanks for the follow… now make 10k now by looking at my special report” That is a good way to get un-followed.

Like my friend Perry Belcher says” You don’t go to a social event and say hi I’m so and so and I sell such and such want to buy?... you would be the biggest A-hole there and no one would want to talk to you.” I’m paraphrasing, but you get the idea I hope.

You were once new to Twitter, you wanted other people to follow you. You were very thrilled to see all the visits to your blog when you looked at the traffic it created. Now that you have all those followers, do you care about them or are they just $$$ because these followers help increase traffic to your web site. If you are new to Twitter get a free copy of twitter basics.

I don’t have 15,000 followers on Twitter, But I do try and listen to the followers I do have because they post a lot of things that I haven’t heard about Or sometimes I get good information. I follow the people who follow me and I look at all the profiles and try to learn more about them. I also like to type a welcome message to them and not use automated replies, another big turn off to a lot of twitters.

To me Twitter was designed to be a network and share thoughts and ideas. So if you get a new tweeter that follows you follow them back and see what they have to say. By doing this you are showing that you are a real person and your following will increase naturally. If someone sends you a DM with a question, answer back. If you have 15,000 followers and only follow a few, I figure you want to be heard but you don’t want to hear.

Learn more about Twitter for FREE!

No comments:

 
RSS Feeds Submission Directory